BDBC are appealing to people to safely share important information from the council on how to receive help and support and details of changes to services during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please safely pass on information to anyone who is not online and lives in the borough like a neighbour, friend or family member, by calling or telling them, keeping within the social distancing guidance.
This includes important changes to the frequency of grey bin waste collections in the borough from Monday 20 April. This temporary change will mean green bin collections will stay the same and grey waste bins will be collected fortnightly on the alternate week.
Key points to pass on are:
- this is a temporary change
- if you have a grey 140 litre waste bin you can leave out two additional bags for collection
- if you have a large grey 240 litre waste bin no additional bags will be taken
- if you have a large family you can apply for an additional bin if you do not already have one
- assisted collections will continue
- clinical waste collections will continue
- recycling and glass collections will continue as normal
- please recycle as much as you can
- start looking at how much waste you throw away and how you can reduce this by buying differently
- start squashing your waste, like yoghurt pots, to maximise the capacity of your grey bin.
For more information on the changes and frequently asked questions visit https://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/covid-19-bins-and-recycling