If you are approached by someone who needs urgent emergency support during the Christmas break, the Hampshire Coronavirus Support and Helpline on 0333 370 4000 will be open to provide advice and help in emergency cases. These are the Christmas period operating hours for the Hampshire Coronavirus Support and Helpline:
- Christmas Eve – 9am to 5pm
- Christmas Day – closed
- Boxing Day – Saturday 26 December – 10am to 3pm
- Sunday 27 December – 10am to 3pm
- Bank Holiday Monday 28 December – 10am to 3pm
- Tuesday 29 December – Thursday 31 December – 9am to 5pm
- Friday 1 January – closed
- Saturday 2 January/Sunday 3 January – 10am to 3pm
- From Monday 4 January usual operating hours Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm
The helpline will resolve complex cases and the community hubs in the borough, coordinated through Basingstoke Voluntary Action (BVA) with support from the borough council, are on standby for any emergency requests for help with getting food or prescriptions for people who are isolating over the Christmas break.
Hampshire Coronavirus Helpline has been working closely with supermarkets to support people who are clinically extremely vulnerable to request a food delivery. If you know of someone who is clinically extremely vulnerable and is experiencing issues in getting a delivery slot, please get them to call the helpline. People who are struggling to pay for food should also contact the helpline. The advice is for people to prepare in advance for Christmas as much as possible.
For those finding it hard to be at home, there is information on our webpage giving contact details for a number of local and national charities continuing to provide support on issues such as mental health, loneliness and domestic abuse.