Hampshire County Council is preparing to introduce rapid community testing for eligible residents without coronavirus symptoms from next week.
Subject to Government approval, 11 community testing sites will begin operation across the county during the week commencing 22 February. The appointment-only scheme, which will run for six weeks and is being delivered by the county council in partnership with the Department of Health and Social Care and local borough or district councils, is aimed at Hampshire residents who travel regularly outside their home for work and who are not covered by an existing workplace testing scheme.
The proposed test site location for Basingstoke and Deane is South Ham Library. Other sites in the county include:
- East Hants – Alton Sports Centre
- Eastleigh – The Point
- Fareham – Fareham College
- Gosport – Thorngate Hall Community Centre
- Hart – Hart District Council Offices
- Havant – Havant Library
- New Forest – Totton Health & Leisure Centre
- Rushmoor – Farnborough Leisure Centre
- Test Valley – Picket Twenty Sports Ground
- Winchester – Winchester Discovery Centre
For more information, visit www.hants.gov.uk/testing-no-symptoms