Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 February 2020 at 3pm – Basingstoke College of Technology
Are you a married couple in the borough who celebrated or will be celebrating your golden or diamond wedding anniversary between Thursday 9 May 2019 and Thursday 19 May 2020?
Golden or diamond wedding anniversary couples are invited to join Basingstoke and Deane’s Mayor for a very special afternoon tea party. Delicate sandwiches, cakes and drinks will be served at the events, to be held on Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 February at Basingstoke College of Technology at 3pm. The Mayor of Basingstoke and Deane Cllr Diane Taylor and her Consort Dr Andy Taylor are looking forward to meeting couples at this special free event and making sure they have a memorable celebration.
Cllr Taylor is asking all eligible couples to get in touch by Friday 31 January 2020 to ensure they receive an invitation.
She said: “Golden and diamond anniversaries are very special milestones and it is an honour and a privilege to celebrate with couples from around the borough. If you, or anyone you know, will be celebrating their golden or diamond anniversary then please let us know so we can make sure they don’t miss out on this event.”
To apply for an invitation, please contact the Mayoral Events Coordinator Zoe McLaren on 01256 845591 or email zoe.mcLaren@basingstoke.gov.uk by 31 January 2020. Providing the following information:
- Anniversary (Golden/ Diamond)
- Wedding date (DD/MM/YY)
- Address (including Post Code)
- Telephone number
- Special dietary requirements (for example – dairy, nuts, gluten free)
- Special requirements (for example – wheelchair/walking frame)
- Vehicle registration (required for onsite parking at BCOT)
- Photography permission (are you happy for photographer to take photos of you)
- Contact permission (consent to contact yourself re the event)