The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 (the code) came into effect on 1 April 2015. The code is issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government in exercise of powers under section 2 of the Local Government, Planning and Land Act 1980, and replaces any previous codes issued in relation to authorities in England under those powers.
The code does not replace or supersede the existing framework for access to and re-use of public sector information provided by the:
- Freedom of Information Act 2000 (as amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012)
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005
- Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community regulations 2009
- Sections 25 and 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 which provides rights for persons to inspect a local authority’s accounting records and supporting documentation, and to make copies of them.
The code requires local authorities in England to publish the following information quarterly:
- Expenditure Exceeding £500- Spend £500 plus
- Government Procurement Card transactions – Sherfield Park Parish Council does not use a Government Procurement Card and therefore has no information to publish.
- Procurement information – Procurement Information
Additionally, local authorities are required to publish the following information annually:
- Local Authority Land – see SPPC Asset Register Feb 2024
- Social Housing Assets – Sherfield Park has no housing assets.
- Grants to Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Organisations – Grants awarded and received https://sherfieldparkparishcouncil.gov.uk/grants/.
- Organisational Chart – Staffing structure.
- Trade Union Facility Time – No staff are members.
- Parking Account – Sherfield Park PC has no chargeable parking.
- Parking Spaces – Sherfield Park PC has no controlled parking.
- Senior Salaries – No Sherfield Park PC staff members with salary £50k plus
- Constitution – SPPC Standing Orders February 2024
- Pay Multiple – Pay Multiple
- Fraud – no staff members undertake fraud investigation work.
Sherfield Park Parish Council complies with the requirements of the code by publishing the information on this website. Hard copies are available on request from the Parish Council office.
Full details of the code can be found here Local Government Transparency Code 2015
Annual Governance and Accountability Return AGAR
Every smaller authority in England that either received gross income or incurred gross expenditure exceeding £25,000 must complete Part 3 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return at the end of each financial year in accordance with Proper Practices.
As Responsible Financial Officer for Sherfield Park Parish Council I, Jane Stewart, can confirm that the 2023 Annual Return has been completed.
Council has set the period for the exercise of public rights for the accounts for the year ending 31st March 2023 to commence on 16th June 2023 and to end on the 27th July 2023.
The General Meeting of Council was held on 10th May 2023 and the minutes can be downloaded here.
For previous AGAR submissions please email the clerk.
The following information gives the financial details required under the Transparency Code for 2015/16:
We maintain a Register of Members Interests, which can be viewed on the BDBC website here.
Publication Scheme under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities, sets out exemptions from that right and places a number of obligations on public authorities.
Further information about the Freedom of Information Act can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.